Mastermind is a platform for creators who thrive on bringing people together to learn virtually. We are pioneering cohort based learning experiences that give creators all the tools in one place to build, monetize and scale their learning empire.
Mastermind is founded by repeat entrepreneurs Chris Sukornyk and Candice Faktor and backed by major investors in San Francisco and Toronto.
We're a fully remote and globally distributed team. And right now we have team members in Toronto, San Francisco, Costa Rica, Turkey, Spain and Kenya.
We hire for character, passion, curiosity and drive.
Looking for the brightest and most passionate people in the world to join us on our mission.
About The Role
As the Mastermind Product/UX Designer you'll have the opportunity to help build our brand, grow our community and onboard our very first customers.
- Solve complex design problems through simple, beautiful design aesthetic
- Advocate for great user experience across the product
- Share and revise your designs based on customer interviews, product feedback and UX research
- Be involved in all aspects of product development, working closely with the product and development teams on feature sets spanning across the company
- Create high fidelity designs and prototypes for new projects and define our design system
- Help build our brand by creating content that is used across all areas of the business, from sales to marketing, and product development
We are looking for an ambitious go-getter for this role - someone who loves to work collaboratively, thrives in a fast-paced unstructured environment, enjoys wearing many hats and is creative, strategic and is remarkable at making things happen.
Our ideal candidate:
- Outlook: You're independent, lead by example and are obsessed with building great products and experiences
- Experience: 5+ years of design experience, working on production applications with real-world users
- Proven: understanding of the end-to-end design process, including research, prototyping, usability testing
- Experience: building and maintaining a reusable design system
- Strong knowledge: of design principles and excellent tactical visual design skills with sensitivity to user experience
- Proficiency: with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools in order to quickly build interactive prototypes of your ideas
- High level knowledge: of CSS and the general principles of website layouts
- Excellent: verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Ability: to collaborate with cross-functional team members and a pragmatic, get-things-done kind of attitude
- Approach: customer-first attitude, always keeping the user’s experience at the forefront of your mind
- Strong portfolio: showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber. Please provide a link to your portfolio (and password, if applicable) to be considered for this role
Benefits and Perks
- Remote office setup bonus - work in a way you can thrive.
- New state of the art laptop
- Lifelong learning budget to take courses to grow and develop
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Annual company summit and retreat in Costa Rica