Mastermind is a platform for creators who thrive on bringing people together to learn virtually. We are pioneering cohort based learning experiences that give creators all the tools in one place to build, monetize and scale their learning empire.
Mastermind is founded by repeat entrepreneurs Chris Sukornyk and Candice Faktor and backed by major investors in San Francisco and Toronto.
We're a fully remote and globally distributed team. And right now we have team members in Toronto, San Francisco, Costa Rica, Turkey, Spain and Kenya.
We hire for character, passion, curiosity and drive.
Looking for the brightest and most passionate people in the world to join us on our mission.
About the Role
As a Mastermind Startup Software Developer, you'll have the opportunity to work closely with a fast-moving product and technology team to push our product in new directions while also shaping the next iterations of the features our customers already love. You'll define the future of core pieces of our product across areas such as payments, reporting, security, video conferencing and more. From front-end usability to back-end algorithms, you'll hone your skills across multiple domains while helping to drive the product and vision forward.
- Perform end to end engineering of Mastermind’s core product from design, develop, test, release, deploy, upgrade and production
- Perform code reviews for your peers
- When required, participate in production support, including deployment, training and setting up and incident response
- Contribute to automation tools to aid development, testing and delivery of customer and product requirements
- Take individual responsibilities to drive timely execution of projects and sprints, including estimates, status update and reviews
- Uphold the quality of the product or features, including unit test, functional test, integration, performance, security and scalability
- Understand and contribute to company best practices for code quality and velocity
- Participate in architecture design and decisions, communicate significance/impact of a solution with the rest of the team
- Produce documentation on code, system design, architecture and solutions
We are looking for an ambitious go-getter for this role - someone who is a self-starter, with a strong desire to work on a small collaborative team in an agile environment.
The perfect candidate is deeply empathetic, curious, and -- of course -- a builder.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- Experience with NodeJS, Python, React or similar technologies
- Knowledge: of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience: working with modern build tools
- Understand: common Design Patterns, OOPS concepts and SOLID design principles
- Ability: to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Approach: that is pragmatic, customer-first, and get-things-done kind of attitude
Benefits and Perks
- Remote office setup bonus - work in a way you can thrive.
- New state of the art laptop
- Lifelong learning budget to take courses to grow and develop
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Annual company summit and retreat in Costa Rica