Mastermind is a platform for creators who thrive on bringing people together to learn virtually. We are pioneering cohort based learning experiences that give creators all the tools in one place to build, monetize and scale their learning empire.
Mastermind is founded by repeat entrepreneurs Chris Sukornyk and Candice Faktor and backed by major investors in San Francisco and Toronto.
We're a fully remote and globally distributed team. And right now we have team members in Toronto, San Francisco, Costa Rica, Turkey, Spain and Kenya.
We hire for character, passion, curiosity and drive.
Looking for the brightest and most passionate people in the world to join us on our mission.
About the Role
As the Community, Comms and Onboarding specialist, you'll have the opportunity to help build our brand, grow our community and onboard our very first customers.
- Embody and help develop the Mastermind brand, tone and voice through customer comms, copywriting and community building.
- Own and execute our awesome strategy for building community including launching our very own blog, newsletter, podcast, livestream and virtual course.
- Engage with creators online (via social media channels and email) and collect feedback from the creator community (via email, polls, DMs, etc.).
- Experiment with different acquisition channels using our next level content and community building activities to onboard the right set of customers to sign up for our waitlist.
- Experiment and build onboarding flows to improve conversion rates.
- Help us build and manage our customer council and treat them like the rockstars they are so they can build our product with us to make their lives better.
- Meticulously track all activities, results and experiments so we can learn and iterate off data.
- Analyze data, insights and reports to develop plans to grow priority categories, communities and audiences, ensure creator engagement, retention and satisfaction.
- Be the first touch point with potential customers and introduce them to the Mastermind brand, most often through calling, texts, and email.
- Inform and influence our overall growth strategy.
- Identify and report issues with the customer experience and value prop and turn these problems into opportunities for growth.
We are looking for an ambitious go-getter for this role - someone who loves to write, build community, is creative, strategic and is remarkable at making things happen.
The perfect candidate is deeply empathetic, curious, and -- of course -- a creator.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience: 1-10 years of experience (in creating, content writing, community building, onboarding, acquisition, startup growth).
- Empathy: You're abnormally emotionally intelligent. You understand how your customers succeed by stepping into their shoes and showing that you care.
- Delight: You are enthusiastic about providing exceptional experiences, and about doing the unreasonable to build deep long lasting relationships. You bring an energy that will brighten any customer's day!
- Communication: You connect with people at lightning speed. You have excellent written communication skills. You were born to write and engage.
- Diligence: You are thorough, meticulous, and have astonishing attention to detail and documentation.
- Organization: You are extremely organized and pride yourself on your ability to follow-up and follow-through.
- Goal Oriented: You are excited for new challenges and work to achieve inspiring goals. You're obsessed with making an impact.
- Growth: You are very receptive to feedback, and use it to improve rapidly. You focus on constant self-improvement and learning.
- Pattern Recognizer: You notice recurring themes and - using data to track them - suggest changes based on what you learn.
- Tools of the Trade: You are familiar with tools such as airtable, notion, convertkit, etc. or you're excited to learn these tools!
- Owner: You act like an owner and take ownership for mistakes. You don’t place blame on others, and instead look for ways to be accountable.
- Location: Remote, and within 3 hours of EST
- Experience in these areas a + : Working with creators, working in startups, being a jack of all trades in high growth environments, are a creator/teacher yourself.
Benefits and Perks
- Remote office setup bonus - work in a way you can thrive.
- New state of the art laptop
- Lifelong learning budget to take courses to grow and develop
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Annual company summit and retreat in Costa Rica