Mastermind is a high-growth startup that helps next gen teachers, experts and creators build premium, live, social learning experiences from anywhere.
Come create the future of learning! You'll work on a small and extremely fast team, iterating rapidly toward the elusive Product-Market Fit. We hire for character first, skills second. Passion, curiosity and drive wanted!
Make Something People Want
We’ve done >100 1:1 customer interviews, and built an MVP around pain points our customers have in delivering next level premium cohort based live learning experiences. We’re not new at this (it is our joint 7th startup), and now have the opportunity to build an incredible product that solves a large and growing need.
Create An Impact
Learning is at an inflection point. We believe the future of learning is in the hands of creators, experts, organizations and next gen teachers -- not just old institutions. We believe the best way to learn is direct to the creator and through cohort based peer-to-peer live learning experiences and, thanks to the pandemic, these are now virtual - creating the freedom for teachers and students to participate from anywhere.
Our mission is to give creators of all kinds the tools to live their purpose. We are building a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform for teachers of all kinds to create and scale the next generation of cohort based live courses and paid learning experiences.
We're swinging for beyond the fences. We are building the next “Shopify”, our team is a remote work team from around the globe and we are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
About the Role
As the Community, Comms and Onboarding specialist, you'll have the opportunity to help build our brand, grow our community and onboard our very first customers.
- Embody and help develop the Mastermind brand, tone and voice through customer comms, copywriting and community building.
- Own and execute our awesome strategy for building community including launching our very own blog, newsletter, podcast, livestream and virtual course.
- Engage with creators online (via social media channels and email) and collect feedback from the creator community (via email, polls, DMs, etc.).
- Experiment with different acquisition channels using our next level content and community building activities to onboard the right set of customers to sign up for our waitlist.
- Experiment and build onboarding flows to improve conversion rates.
- Help us build and manage our customer council and treat them like the rockstars they are so they can build our product with us to make their lives better.
- Meticulously track all activities, results and experiments so we can learn and iterate off data.
- Analyze data, insights and reports to develop plans to grow priority categories, communities and audiences, ensure creator engagement, retention and satisfaction.
- Be the first touch point with potential customers and introduce them to the Mastermind brand, most often through calling, texts, and email.
- Inform and influence our overall growth strategy.
- Identify and report issues with the customer experience and value prop and turn these problems into opportunities for growth.
We are looking for an ambitious go-getter for this role - someone who loves to write, build community, is creative, strategic and is remarkable at making things happen.
The perfect candidate is deeply empathetic, curious, and -- of course -- a creator.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience: 1-10 years of experience (in creating, content writing, community building, onboarding, acquisition, startup growth).
- Empathy: You're abnormally emotionally intelligent. You understand how your customers succeed by stepping into their shoes and showing that you care.
- Delight: You are enthusiastic about providing exceptional experiences, and about doing the unreasonable to build deep long lasting relationships. You bring an energy that will brighten any customer's day!
- Communication: You connect with people at lightning speed. You have excellent written communication skills. You were born to write and engage.
- Diligence: You are thorough, meticulous, and have astonishing attention to detail and documentation.
- Organization: You are extremely organized and pride yourself on your ability to follow-up and follow-through.
- Goal Oriented: You are excited for new challenges and work to achieve inspiring goals. You're obsessed with making an impact.
- Growth: You are very receptive to feedback, and use it to improve rapidly. You focus on constant self-improvement and learning.
- Pattern Recognizer: You notice recurring themes and - using data to track them - suggest changes based on what you learn.
- Tools of the Trade: You are familiar with tools such as airtable, notion, convertkit, etc. or you're excited to learn these tools!
- Owner: You act like an owner and take ownership for mistakes. You don’t place blame on others, and instead look for ways to be accountable.
- Location: Remote, and within 3 hours of EST
- Experience in these areas a + : Working with creators, working in startups, being a jack of all trades in high growth environments, are a creator/teacher yourself.
Taking Care of You
$250 per year to spend on health and wellness
Conscious workplace focused on wellness and doing your best work.
$200 per year towards virtual courses you would like to take to help you grow
$50 per month for housekeeping allowance
At Mastermind, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Can't wait to meet you!